Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us or you voluntarily submit through use of the Services. We may ask you to provide some of the following types of personal information in connection with your use of the Services:
- When you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, download a white paper, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, we may request your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company, country, email address, password, and account name.
- We may also collect information you provide about your business, including company name, company size and business type.
- Passwords that are collected are stored in an encrypted format by an automated process.
- You can choose not to provide any personal information; however, we may not be able to provide the Services without certain information.
Information we collect automatically when you use the services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- General information for purpose of improvement of AnswerHub features, functionality, compatibility, and performance such as: the type of browser you use, login dates and duration, pages viewed, your IP address geolocation, device type (mobile / PC), etc.
- AnswerHub.com may employ Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, gather demographic information, analyze trends, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits.
- Client instances of AnswerHub SaaS may collect limited user information required to register an account such as username and password and optional information in user profile fields as configured by individual clients. Additionally, user activity information is collected and available as part of AnswerHub Analytics to help clients improve the experience for their end users.
A note about future updates
We are always improving our products and services, and we create new features regularly. These updates sometimes require us to collect new information or use what we already have differently. If there is a significant or material change in the way we handle your personal information, we will notify you as detailed below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Personalization of your viewing experience;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers and promotions offered by AnswerHub that we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Verify internal processes work as intended and to comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements;
- Consummating a business merger, sale, acquisition or transition where some or all of our assets (including your personal information) are sold or transferred;
Additionally, AnswerHub is committed to compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which allows residents of the State of California to remain informed about how AnswerHub handles information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“California Personal Information”) that we have collected from you in any preceding 12-month period. Specifically, this policy discloses the categories of California Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose in the provision of our services to you.
You may choose to stop receiving periodic marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails, or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Information obtained regarding third parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- To perform payment verifications, debt reporting or collection;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of AnswerHub or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among AnswerHub and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We do not sell or otherwise provide personal information to other companies.
AnswerHub takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction; however, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties from intercepting information. You acknowledge that you do not assume or expect that any content or communication that you transmit to us or we transmit to you (such as personally identifiable or other data, user content including Uploaded Content, questions or answers, comments, or suggestions) is confidential. AnswerHub shall not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted and used by an unintended recipient or otherwise disclosed in a manner you did not intend.
You may update or correct information about you or deactivate your account at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Reviewing, correcting, and updating your personal information
As pertains to any accounts or information created on AnswerHub.com or the AnswerHub community, Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU, you have the right to receive a copy of, review and/or update your personal information and to correct any of your personal information in our records that is inaccurate. We extend this right to persons everywhere. If you would like to do so, contact us at email@example.com.
End user GDPR requests related to 3rd party companies operating an AnswerHub community should be directed to the controlling 3rd party for action. AnswerHub serves as a data processor while client operators of AnswerHub are data controllers.
Deletion or restriction of our right to store or process your personal information
Under the GDPR, you have the right to restrict processing of or request erasure of your personal information. However, this right is not absolute, and we will continue to retain and use your personal information as we determine is necessary for management of continuing contractual rights and obligations, the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights or claims or protect our or our suppliers’/distributors’ or licensee rights, which would include our need to comply with our contractual and other legal obligations, resolve disputes or claims, and enforce our agreements.
We use third party website analytics services on Answerhub.com and related sites owned by AnswerHub, including (but not limited to) Google Analytics to gather information about how you and others use our Sites, and to facilitate use of the Sites. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We may use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Sites are used and the information regarding your activity on the Sites to assess content and other needs so that we may offer Services to meet such needs. To find out more about Google Analytics please visit: support.google.com.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you:
- a list of the categories of personal information about you that AnswerHub has disclosed to third parties during the calendar year preceding your request;
- the names and addresses of such third parties; and
- if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services offered, if known to AnswerHub, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third-parties’ business. To submit your request or opt out of such information sharing, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org